Website The Orchard School
A Private Independent School Inspiring Children Ages 3 - Grade 8
The Orchard School is seeking an innovative, dynamic, collaborative teacher with a strong background in middle school history who can enhance the current program by teaming with middle school teachers to further differentiate instruction with a particular focus on challenge and enrichment.
The successful candidate will understand the developmental needs of middle school students and combine knowledge of history and with charisma, humor, energy and interest in connecting and inspiring middle school students. Additionally, the successful candidate must be flexible and an excellent communicator and collaborator.
Qualifications and Attributes
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in History, or related field
· Experience working with middle school students
· Strong background in History
· Creativity and passion to make big themes in History come alive
· Ability to generate essential questions about history
· Experience and demonstrated ability to teach the sub-skills of history, such as research, analytical writing, etc.
· Ability and comfort to write narrative assessments
· Willingness to chaperone over-night field trips
· Deep knowledge of developmental stages of middle schoolers
· Understanding of learning styles, differentiated instruction and the need to match subject/content with the developmental stages of the learner
· A commitment to progressive education
· Ability to design hands-on, experiential learning activities that advance the targeted learning outcomes
· Ability to work with technology to support, supplement and enhance teaching and learning
· Affinity and enthusiasm for working with adolescents
· Capacity to inspire others
· Demonstrated history of energy and dynamism in the classroom
· Willingness to learn and improve professionally
· Sound judgment and emotional maturity
· Ability to collaborate and work with a team
· Demonstrated ability to work with parents in a thoughtful and proactive manner
· Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Orchard community
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “SOCIAL” in the subject line of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com