A Private Independent School Inspiring Children Ages 3 - Grade 8
The Orchard School is seeking an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative 4th grade teacher to join our faculty community beginning the 2018-2019 academic year.
Orchard seeks educators who provide nurturing guidance through modeling and through essential teacher-student relationships. This is possible when teachers know their students, care about them, and see them each as individuals.It is in this essential teacher student relationship that profound learning and great aspirations take root and blossom.
Orchard expects teachers to put children at the center of their own learning, facilitate engaging hands-on project-based learning, and have a deep understanding of child development and learning differences. Orchard seeks to hire educators who possess a passion for equity and social justice, and who desire to grow personally and professionally in the field of education.
Qualifications and Attributes
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Elementary Education or related field
● A minimum of two years of elementary school classroom experience preferred
● A commitment to Orchard’s definition of progressive education
● Understanding of learning styles and differentiated instruction
● Ability to design hands-on, experiential learning activities that advance the targeted learning outcomes
● Ability to work with technology to support, supplement, and enhance teaching and learning
● Affinity and enthusiasm for working with elementary children
● Capacity to inspire others
● Demonstrated history of energy and dynamism in the classroom
● Excellent communication skills
● Willingness to learn and improve professionally
● Sound judgment and emotional maturity
● Ability to collaborate and work with a team and with parents
● Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Orchard community
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Fourth” in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com