Website The Little School
The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
We imagine a world where education inspires children to develop a strong sense of self and the courage to become innovative and empathetic leaders.
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families, and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs.
Description: The Little School has a part-time Physical Education elementary school teaching position open beginning in August of 2018. The program’s focus is to support children’s physical development, self-confidence and learning through body awareness, cooperative games, active exercise and physical movement, participation, sports and fun. For the next two years PE experiences will happen primarily outside on an open field and on a covered black top court. A new building, which includes an elementary size gym, will soon begin to take shape. Looking ahead, this new space will offer new and exciting opportunities! This teaching position includes the chance to imagine and develop a PE program that fully utilizes our amazing outdoor spaces along with the new indoor gym.
The Little School serves approximately 160 children ages 3-11 on a 12+ acre wooded campus in Bellevue filled with inspiring child-centered learning spaces in and outside. This position is an exciting opportunity for an educator committed to progressive education ideals and practices. We are seeking candidates with vision, boundless energy and optimism who understand and appreciate the power of childhood and the possibilities of children as unique individuals learning in a social context. We hire teachers committed to collaborative teaching within a vibrant adult learning community.
· Elementary PE teaching experience – 5 years preferred
· Education degree
Strong candidates must have the following professional and personal attributes and commitments:
· An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children
· An appreciation for the complexity and uniqueness of children’s developmental timetables
· A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families
· A sense of humor and a love of the life of school
· The ability to work hard and have fun simultaneously
· Strong verbal, written, planning, organizational and relational skills
· The ability to learn from direct and honest feedback
· Creativity, intellectual agility and initiative
· A willingness to pitch in when/where needed
· Understanding of and commitment to progressive education ideals and practices, democratic values, equity, inclusion and social justice
· Excitement for teaching full days outdoors
Compensation includes competitive salary, health, vision, dental and retirement benefits, tuition remission and a chance to work with great kids and colleagues.
Important resources to get to know The Little School include:
This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate looking to build a stand out environmental education program for young children. We welcome your interest.
Please Submit the following to email@example.com by May 4, 2018:
· Letter of interest
· Three references
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org