Website The Little School
Where big futures begin
The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
The Little School serves approximately 160 children, ages 3-11, on a 12-acre wooded campus in Bellevue, Washington. We seek candidates who understand and appreciate the power of childhood and children as unique individuals learning in a social context. This is a full-time 10-month position, scheduled around the school day with regular before-school and after-school responsibilities. Teaching Assistants support two classroom teachers and are involved in planning, professional development activities, and all aspects of campus life. The position begins August 22, 2018.
· Support the social, emotional and academic needs of students using general principles of developmentally appropriate practice
· Engage in ongoing communication with 1-2 lead teachers to develop effective work plans, schedules, and regular responsibilities
· Become familiar with classroom routines and behavioral expectations to be consistent with each classroom teacher’s approach
· Work with students individually, in small groups and as a whole class
· Independently supervise outside time, maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries, and engaging with students in ways that promotes outside time as an extension of the classroom
· Assist in classroom chores (sorting, organizing, cleaning, etc.)
· Learn and grow professional skills and maintain an authentic interest in being part of a passionate progressive educational community
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of one year of experience working with preschool or elementary school age children
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field preferred
· Prior experience working collaboratively with another adult in a school or similar setting
· Technology skills
Compensation will be based on candidate’s experience and background and is competitive with similar positions in Seattle area independent schools.
Please submit a resume, a letter of interest and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin June 1st.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com