Website Plato Academy
Plato Academy is seeking an Early Childhood Kindergarten/1st Grade Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicant must have experience working with young children and understand and embrace progressive education. Position available immediately.
Perfect position for a creative and energized teacher of young children.
Plato Academy is a preK- 8th grade classical school committed to helping students become successful life-long learners with a strong sense of personal and social responsibility.
Plato Academy believes that students must be active participants in their own learning and provides a truly constructivist learning environment where problem solving and creative thinking is valued. Plato Academy is a Progressive Education Network partner school.
Our fully integrated curriculum focuses on the 21st century skills of creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking.
A Plato Academy educator will:
– Design and implement a project approach curriculum that promotes authentic learning experiences.
– Have a sense of humor!
– Collaborate with fellow educators to differentiate curriculum for all students
– Provide an inviting, exciting learning environment
– Understand and embrace constructivist theory
We are looking for a teacher who:
– Believes that every child can learn
– Has an understanding of developmentally appropriate practice and constructivism
– Has a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development experience
– Understands that family involvement is integral to student success
– Has experience with children and a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education
Check out our website at www.platoacademy.org
Job Type: Full-time Contract begins August 2019 but co-teaching for the position starts immediately and runs until June 1 with opportunity for Summer camp employment
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $31,000.00 /year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com