Website Park Day School
For complete information about this position and the school, visit the Head of School Search Information Page on the Park Day School website.
Qualifications and Qualities of the Next Head of School
The next Head of School at Park Day School is driven by the belief that the world can be a better place by supporting a community of learners who are encouraged to be empathic, take risks, think creatively, and stand up for themselves and others.
Successful candidates will be:
• A highly effective leader who sets the tone for the community and inspires everyone around them to excellence in achieving Park Day’s vision and mission.
• An educator imbued with deep knowledge of progressive pedagogy and an articulate advocate for the values of progressive education, bringing a learning and teaching orientation to all interpersonal interactions.
• A forward-thinking visionary who is able to lead change while holding true to the founding principles of the school.
• A reflective and confident leader, versed in the practice of collaborative leadership, who builds consensus, serves as a role model of transparency, builds trust among the entire community, and who has the humility to acknowledge and reflect on their personal journey in the realm of social justice and privilege.
• A skilled practitioner of social justice, diversity, and inclusion, and who is committed to fostering and sustaining a truly inclusive and diverse community that celebrates differences, including racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
• A strong communicator who is energized by actively engaging in ongoing dialogue that fosters community growth.
• An experienced administrator facile in all aspects of independent school administration, with proven skills in building and leading a high-performing administrative team across all functions including academic program, financial management, enrollment, philanthropy, facilities, and operations.
A successful candidate must possess a love of children and the distinctive environment that Park Day School has created and sustained for them. The students have expressed that they would like the next Head of School to be someone who is a good listener and who has a great sense of humor. The ideal candidate is inspired and invigorated by performing the fine art of balancing the dynamics of multiple stakeholders. Park Day School seeks someone who is warm, approachable, empathic, down-to-earth, and relishes knowing and being known by everyone in the community. This thoughtful and decisive manager enjoys being a mentor to their administrative team and an ally and inspiration to faculty. As a school in which everyone participates in the individual journey to overcome implicit bias, the next Head should be comfortable acknowledging their own journey. The next Head will be a diplomatic facilitator and consensus-seeker who listens with an open mind to the passionate opinions of the teachers, parents, students, and alumni, and connects all to find common ground and focus on the whole picture.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically in one email and as separate documents (preferably as PDFs) the following materials:
• Cover letter articulating your fit with the values and needs of Park Day School
• Current résumé
• Personal Statement
• A list of five professional references with name, phone number, and email address of each (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission) to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org